Friday, December 30, 2011

You're only ever pretty once.

I've always been that girl. Just that girl. Never respected, never looked up upon, and never equally treated.
Is it because I'm not skinny?
Is it because I'm not beautiful?
What is it that makes me less precious than the other girls?
Just once, I just want people to recognise me and respect me, and not spit on me and walk away when they're done with me and take all that I only had.
I do so much for so many and yet, I get nothing. Absolutely nothing.
I thought I was happy enough, I thought I was going to succeed somehow, but people got jealous. They got possessive.  I let them take the better of me, and I ended up losing everything. All I have now is me, my laptop, and my bedroom. I'm now a living corpse and my heart ages by years every second as I lay in my bed everyday, every night figuring what happened and how it all went wrong.
It is isn't fair. Why did this happen to me? What did I do to deserve this? Why is it that all the other girls get all the happiness and success? Am I alive to carry their burdens for them? It's really not fair..
I don't know how much longer I can take this. I am strong, but I'm not a hero. Heroes eventually die too. The whole world is against me, but why? When asked, all they say is "I don't know, I just don't like her". What did I ever do to you for you to treat me like this? To say all the things you say?
At the end of the day, I'm a fool. I've always been the fool, to never realize I've been played and to have been such a follower. It's all my fault, and now I have no face. I can't smile anymore because everyone has taken me for granted.

No comments:

Post a Comment